Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rocking it

No single long post today, but a bunch of little ones packed together. 

First off, I realized my hypothesized equation yesterday was wrong.  It didn't account for distance to average out my speed relative to elevation, and as it was written, if i climbed high enough i would eventually have had a negative speed.  I have adjusted accordingly so that it makes a little more sense and the limits work out.

S = (12*D - .06*E - .01*G)/D
S = speed (mph)
D = distance (miles)
E = elevation change (feet)
G = gain (feet)
Without cluttering that too much, the first constant is mph, the 2nd and 3rd are mph*miles/ft. 

Second, we've decided to adopt Kina and we should be bringing her home permanently on Friday.  Caitlin wrote a good post about how the overnight with her went, and there's a cute picture of her on our floor with lightning over her head.  http://my-geeker-joy.blogspot.com/2012/04/dog-adoption-part-2.html 

Third, I had another great game last night on a gorgeous night.  After Herndon allowed only 16 batters in the first 5 innings, Chantilly scored one in the 6th to tie it 1-1.  Chantilly managed to bring in 2 more in the top of the 7th and won 3-1.  Both pitchers threw complete games, and in fact there were no substitutions by either team, which I don't think I've ever seen before in a complete 7-inning High School game.  Game time was 1:25.  This made up for my game Monday where a home team 2-4 lead going into the 7th turned into an 18-4 loss.  The 16 run inning took about 50 minutes and turned a decent game into an ugly one. 

Lastly, this was too good to not repost -
http://news.menshealth.com/get-promotion-with-beard/2012/03/11/
As if I wasn't intimidating enough.  Also, it certainly does make you look older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Message!