Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oakton at Herndon

I worked a pretty good game last night - it was quick (1:34 game time), fast paced, well played by both sides, and it was a gorgeous evening.  Herndon and Oakton are both Division 6 AAA teams (the highest in Virginia) and traditionally do pretty well.  I don't think either team is quite up to their normal level this year, but Oakton was the favorite going in.  Oakton scored a run an inning for the first 3, and then Herndon got one back in the bottom of the 4th.  Herndon managed to put together a 3 run rally against Oakton's closer in the bottom of the 6th to take the lead 4-3.  In the top of the 7th, Oakton hit a double with 1-out, but didn't manage to get him in so the game was over.  Herndon's pitcher threw the complete 7, which is pretty unusual in high school, especially after he struggled some early. 

This was the game that I worked with the partner from last year.  We didn't address the back and forth from last year, but I did notice that he was not as critical as I'm used to him being.  In part it was because this was a pretty easy game to work where nothing went wrong, but I'm pretty sure he had just backed off some as well.  All in all, I enjoyed the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Message!