Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Things have been busy

I haven't posted much lately because things have been busy.  It's summer baseball season, so I've definitely been having a lot of games (I'm over 50 for the year now).  Last weekend was the BBBBBQ (Beer BourBon and BarBeQue) festival among other Holmesing shenanigans, and there have been other events the last few weekends.  On top of it all work has been especially busy so I've been working more hours than normal, and when I'm not working writing isn't always what I want to do. 

So life is busy, but good.  I think I'm through my trail descriptions for a while.  There's one or two others in DC I might get to eventually, but I would want to re-ride them first.  I've only been on one short ride on my bike since New York thanks to baseball, work, extreme heat, and rain, but that's ok.  I'm hoping to get down to work tomorrow or Wednesday.  We moved buildings a couple weeks ago (just down the street) so my gym isn't as conveniently in the same building, but oh well.  The move has been a little frustrating, I don't like my new space (a cube) as much as my old crammed little interior office.  There's just a lot less privacy both audibly and in not having a door/having my back to the not-door and being next to a kitchen area so there's lots of foot traffic.  Also there is not enough AC in the new building, although it's not awful. 

BBBBBQ festival was awesome, as was a weekend with all the male holmeses from around the country.  DC, Pittsburgh, Houston, LA, San Francisco, and Minneapolisish? (I don't have a clue where Alex lives in Minnesota, but I figure I have a 50/50 shot on the city).  The VIP tickets were worth 10 times the additional cost for them.  Good times.  Also, while my crab feast suggestion was not as big a hit with everyone as I had hoped, it meant I was eating leftover crabs all week.  I took a psuedo-sick day Monday to recover (I still worked a good bit from home, like I said work's been busy), but it ended up being appropriate since I proceeded to have a mild cold the rest of the week.

Kina is doing well, although she apparently does not like loud fireworks.  She seemed fine when the first couple went off that didn't make loud booms, but she was spooked by the end.

I'm currently going back and forth between Valkyria Chronicles and Little Big Planet.  Valkyria has been a lot of fun but requires at least an hour to play through levels, and more to see the stories on either side.  LBP has been a fun distraction that's easy to pick up and put down, but not much more. 

Caitlin and I went to Brave, which was definitely cute and enjoyable, but certainly no Wall-E or Up.  I got War of the Arrows from blockbuster which is one of the best Asian ancient/epic type movies I've seen in a good long while.  Other than that there haven't been any notable movies.  Despite middling reviews I still want to go to Prometheus, but other than that I'm a little disappointed with the summer movie lineup.  I don't think I really care about anything until Dark Knight at the end of next Month.  Oh well.

So that's life. 

2 comments:

  1. The BBBBBQ sounds awesome! As does life in general. Still need to see Brave... did not like Prometheus :P But I'd love to read your review!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Message!