Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Bluemont Junction Trail

I almost didn't include this one in my list of trails, but now that I've covered most of the other big trails I figured I might as well get this one too. The Bluemont Junction Trail is about 1.5 miles of paved trail that connects the W&OD and Custis trails a mile or two after they split. The trail splits from the W&OD in Bluemont park (right next to the house I grew up in) and connects up to the Custis trail in Ballston. There's a big hill up from the W&OD at the start, and then another to get over I-66 to the Custis trail at the end, but other than that it's flat.

The W&OD, Custis, and Bluemont trail make for about a 4 mile circuit, and I used to ride that route all the time when I was a kid. While I don't mostly go for rides that start down there anymore, I do still occasionally use the circuit to cap off a ride down the W&OD and turn around.

Google Maps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Message!