Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

The what

Last post I gave you the why of this new blog.  Lets go through the other questions -

Who: Me
Where: Here
When: Now

What is a little trickier.  Caitlin kept asking me what I'd write about, and I kept not telling her.  In short, I'm going to write about whatever I want. 

But I suppose I can be a little more detailed than that. 

First off, there are two things that I really enjoy doing and spend quite a bit of time at, particularly this time of year - biking and umpiring baseball.  I love being outside and doing something that keeps me active.  However neither of those activities are particularly thought intensive*, and as a result while my body is often energetically occupied, my mind frequently has a lot of contiguous time to run wild.  So while I'll probably write some about both biking and umpiring, I am also curious to see what happens when I start writing down the things the go through my head. 

I will also probably post some about life events, both past and present.  I think writing about the past will be interesting, and I hope some of you will enjoy it.  I will write about the present to keep people up to date on me.  In both cases I'm hoping these posts will help accomplish the goal of connecting with people the other direction.

As I mentioned before, I've been spending more time online.  Since I don't do facebook statuses, I'll probably post some about interesting things I find, either in the news, or from really wherever.  Don't worry though, this won't become a typical facebook news feed.

I've thought about writing reviews of things, particularly movies and or video games.  The trick here is that I've found that review posts on other people's blogs are the ones i tend to skim over if that.  Occasionally if its a review of something I've seen/played/read it'll be more interesting, or if it's something I'm definitely considering seeing/playing/reading.  But that's not usually the case.  Anyways, if I do start putting reviews of things up, I will likely keep them short and sweet.

And as I started all this with, I will continue to post about whatever I want, so who knows what will happen.


*(Umpiring can be thought intensive, but generally only in short bursts with lots of waiting in between)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Message!