Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

and How!

Okay, I promise after this I will stop being meta.  Also I have no idea if that was an appropriate use of the term meta, but I think the fact that I'm now writing about that makes it even more meta.  Anyways. . .

The last thing I wanted to say about my new blog is how I plan to do it.  As you may have noticed I write conversationally.  That is likely to continue.  I have a tendency to ramble and end up with lots of really long, run on sentences about things that really don't need to be that long, especially since they can usually be truncated into smaller sentences at the least if not just cut in half entirely without losing any of the real meaning or content of what I as the writer was trying to convey to you as the audience, but hopefully for the most part I'll be self aware enough to notice this and I can edit them down on my own.  I also overly use parentheses to insert a thought (like this one) into an otherwise good sentence.

I also don't plan to update with any regularity.  As previously mentioned this is going to be about whatever I feel like, so it's also going to be whenever I feel like (I guess that's a when, huh?)

Lastly I've noticed from other blogs that there comes a point of diminishing returns when it comes to length.  While blog posts are definitely supposed to be longer than a tweet or facebook status, once things start to get too long it starts to be a chore to read through the entire thing.  Plus who really wants to read that much of what I write?  In any case, I will try to keep most of my posts a reasonable length, and if things drag on I will likely split them into different posts.  Who knows though, I may experiment with longer writings if I find something worth writing about.

Speaking of posts getting long, I think that has about hit it.  You now have an idea of what to expect here, so I hope you enjoy!  Now off to real blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Message!