Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

First Post

Alright, so I'm starting a blog.  And I'm doing it for three reasons -

Everyone else seems to be doing it.
It might be fun, or at least interesting.
Caitlin told me I wouldn't be able to or at least that I wouldn't be very good at it.  So we'll show her.

A possible fourth reason is that I've started spending(/killing) a lot more time online recently.  Part of this has included reading other people's blogs and actually somewhat following my facebook news feed.  What I've found is that there's a lot of random crap out there, even from people I'm "friends" with, that I don't give two shits about. 

But there's also some interesting/thoughtful things out there, particularly from people I actually consider friends.  I feel like some of these posts help me connect with those people who I otherwise don't often connect with.  Most of these more interesting posts are not in 30 character tweets (twits?) or facebook or google status updates, but in actual writing.  The only problem is these connections tend to only be one directional.  Therefore my fourth reason to start a blog is to start writing in order to connect the other direction with people I would like to stay more connected to.    We'll see if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Message!