Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Do people's eyes not close?

So the other day Caitlin asked me how I could stand rinsing shampoo out of my hair the way I do, which involves sticking my head under water/mussing with my hair until the shampoo is gone, as opposed to her way which is apparently a very controlled all water goes backwards and none of it near her face way.  Aside from she can't stand getting her face wet, the part of the conversation that surprised me went like this -

Caitlin: Doesn't it sting your eyes when all the shampoo gets in there?
Me: No, I close my eyes.
Caitlin: Yeah, but it still gets in there.
Me: No it doesn't.
Me: Wait, does stuff still get in your eyes when you close them?
Caitlin: Well yeah, isn't that normal?

I don't believe that's normal, but I've never closed anyone else's eyes and then poured shampoo in them.  So internet: when you close your eyes is it a water tight seal?  Or does stuff still leak in?

1 comment:

  1. Mine close tight, but I'm super paranoid about shampoo getting in them so I rinse my face around 5 times and then wipe my eyes off just to be sure they're clean before opening them again. Zach makes fun of me for this.

    Side note: I guess this explains Caitlin's swimming style?

    ReplyDelete

Comment Message!